The worldwide cosmetic surgery industry is currently worth approximately $21 billion and forecasters expect it to surpass $28 billion in total value by the year 2020.
This recent upsurge can be largely attributed to the unprecedented safety and efficacy of modernised surgical techniques as well as the fact that contemporary cosmetic treatments are more cost-effective than ever before.
With this notion in mind, we’re going to highlight the ins and outs of scheduling a breast plastic surgery in Brisbane with a trusted practitioner. Feel free to refer to this brief article as an introductory fact guide before booking a consultation with your local specialist.
What Are the Most Common Breast Enhancements?
According to an international research initiative, shown below are the most prevalent, widespread breast augmentations available in today’s healthcare arena:
- Augmentation mammoplasties, which are colloquially referred to as breast implants, are designed to improve the size and contour of the breasts by inserting a personalised synthetic implant.
- Breast reconstructions are employed to reinstate the natural shape of the breasts, nipples, and areolas; this particular treatment option is typically utilised after breast cancer procedures.
- Breast reductions have become the foremost method of removing excess skin and fatty adipose tissue without negatively altering the physical appearance of the breast.
- Breast lifts are specially designed procedures that reshape and elevate sagging breasts while simultaneously enhancing the surrounding skin’s firmness and elasticity.
Globally, there are upwards of 17 million cosmetic surgeries performed each year and a sizeable percentage of these treatments are related to the breasts. So, if you’ve been struggling with unsightly breasts, misshapen nipples, scars from prior surgeries, or adverse symptoms resulting from a recent procedure, it’s in your best interests to partner with an acclaimed plastic surgeon in your proximity at your earliest convenience.
How to Prepare for a Breast Enhancement
If you’d like to book an affordable plastic surgery in Brisbane, you’ll want to first visit with your current doctor or clinician for a written medical recommendation. More often than not, an authorised referral will entitle you to a substantial Medicare discount on cosmetic procedures, particularly if you currently have a diagnosable ailment that could be corrected or enhanced with surgical treatments.
Then, you’ll have to ensure that your practitioner of choice can tout the following traits and characteristics:
- Time-honoured history of facilitating tailor-made surgeries for both men and women, ideally with more than two decades of experience in the healthcare niche
- Certified by the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Approved by Mater Health Services
- Official member of the Australasian Society of Plastic Surgeons
Once you’ve ascertained a distinguished surgeon, be sure to visit the clinic’s webpage to evaluate former patient testimonials and client references before arranging your introductory assessment.
With a compassionate, highly skilled cosmetic specialist by your side, you’ll be able to change your life for the better without decimating your pocketbook. Get started on the planning process today.